Urology is a surgical specialty under healthcare science that majorly treats diseases and / or infections related to the male and female urinary tract, and male reproductive organs. The scope of organs under Urology include kidneys, adrenal glands, ureters, urinary bladder, and urethra, prostate , penis testes In human bodies, the urinary and reproductive tracts are very closely connected and hence an abnormality in one critically affects the other. A lot of cases in urology involve minimally invasive robotic and laparoscopic surgical procedures, scope guided procedures, and laser assisted surgeries.
Holy Spirit Hospital is now equipped with the latest State of Art , one of its Kind 150 W holmium laser for Kidney Stones and Prostate.
With this comes the capability of treating All kidney stones totally endoscopically with No incision( RIRS) whatsoever and treating Large Prostates( HOLEP) with minimal bleeding, early Recovery . In addition Bladder tumours and Urinary Strictures can also be treated endoscopically.
There’s a range of topics that a urologist is trained in:
- Open and minimally invasive surgeries like flexible urethroscopy (RIRS)
- Fiber optic endoscopic equipment
- Real-time ultrasound guidance
- Utilization of various kinds of lasers for the treatment of Urinary Stones and benign prostate enlargement
- A kidney stone specialist may typically combine both medicinal care and surgical intervention to achieve the desired result. Urology helps treat a melange of conditions:
- UTI (Urinary Tract Infections)
- Kidney ,Bladder or prostate cancer
- Congenital abnormalities
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Traumatic injury to Genitourinary system
- Renal stone removal.
- Prostate Surgery
Minimally invasive treatments such as:
- Cytoscopy and double J stenting
- Percutaneous removal of kidney stones – PCNL
- Open and laparoscopic stone removal
- Prostate disease
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP)
- Acute and chronic prostatitis treatments
- Erectile dysfunction
- Male infertility
- Stress, urge incontinence (TOT-Transobturator Tape)
- Overactive bladder
- Vesico vaginal fistula
- Diagnosis and treatments for kidney, ureteral, penile, prostrate, bladder, testicular and urethral cancer.
- Diagnosis, treatment and follow up for early stage cancer.
- Paediatric hernia
- Undescended testes
- Vesicourethral reflux (VUR)
- Posterior urethral valves
- Nocturnal enuresis
- ENDO-UROLOGY & URODYNAMICS
- LASER GUIDED URS
- LITHOCLAST (AMS)
- RIRS (FLEXIBLE URETEROSCOPE)
- HOLEP (100 watt Holmium)
- Dr. Prawal Biswas
- MBBS, MS - General Surgery, DNB - Urology/Genito - Urinary Surgery
- Book appoinmtment