At neurology department at Holy Spirit Hospital deals with prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of disorders which affect any portion of the Nervous System which includes the most intricate and important organ of the body the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves and extra cranial cerebro vascular system. Patients and their families are eager to learn about their neurological disease to understand available treatments and to prepare for any lifestyle changes that may be necessary. Each patient is treated as an unique individual, as physical, psychological, and philosophical differences may affect treatment choices. We encourage patients to discuss these factors and any other concern with us as open, frank communication is essential to effective medical care. We have compassion for the patients we treat and for the families who care for them. We are fortunate to have excellent facilities and the most technologically advanced equipment to help us treat neurological diseases.
• Management of acute thrombotic and haemorrhagic stroke
• Brain tumours : Glioma, Glioblastoma multiforme, Meningioma, Cerebellopontine angle mass/tumour (Vestibular schwannoma), Pituitary tumours, Medulloblastoma,
• Skull base surgery
• Vascular surgeries: Aneurysm, Arterio-Venous Malformation, Carotid endarterectomy, Moyamoya, STA-MCA bypass for the treatment of ischemic stroke
• Endovascular management: Mechanical thrombectomy for acute stroke, Coiling of aneurysm, Embolization Treatment for Arteriovenous Malformations (AVMs) of the Brain and Spinal Cord, Embolization of brain tumours, Flow diverters for aneurysm, Carotid and other brain vessels angioplasty
• Spine surgery: Spinal cord tumours, degenerative spine, degenerative scoliosis, Lumbar and Cervical degenerative canal stenosis, Interbody Fusion - ALIF, PLIF and XLIF
• Cranio vertebral anomalies: Basilar invagination, atlanto axial dislocation, odontoid fractures, platybasia .
• Paediatric neurosurgery: Meningocele, meningomyelocele, hydrocephalus, craniosynostosis, tethered cord, encephalocele etc.
• Frameless stereotactic surgery
Technology and Infrastructure
The hospital has state of the art MRI Machine SIGNA™ Explorer - 60cm (Outstanding 1.5T performance) through the combination modern design magnet and high-performance reconstruction speeds, SIGNA™ Explorer it easy to produce uniform, high-quality images.
SIGNA™ Explorer is built to leverage the full potential of our modern design magnet. To do this, we optimized all the surrounding technology. The result is an MR system with improved patient experience, exceptional imaging performance and access to a wide range of innovative applications.
CT SCAN - GE OPTIMA 660 Gold Seal Optima CT660
Tried and True Technologies
• Innovations with a 40-mm detector at 0.35-sec rotation speed.
• Up to 60% lower CO2 emissions using the energy saving mode.
• Advanced applications help clinicians make a fast and confident diagnosis.
• ASiR+ technology may allow for lower mA exams throughout the body.
• Simplified workflow for quick and streamlined operation.
• Scalable, modular design for ease of service.
• GE Healthcare Gold Seal refurbished Optima CT660 128-slice axial reconstruction for improved Z-axis visualization.